Recently only your own immune system
can fight the Coronavirus. There is no other cure.
As soon as a new cure or treatment approach will become available, you will instantly get to know about it as all mass media will be all over it.
Of course, the treatment of severe cases of the coronavirus implies the use of symptomatic and supportive therapies. But mostly all of them aim at helping the infected individual fight the virus.
In any case, we want to remind you the common ways to behave if you contracted ARVIВ:
- If you suffer from chronic diseases or your condition steadily worsens, please do not hesitate to get medical help.
- Do not try to lower the fever up to 39 C unless otherwise contraindicated.
- Stay hydrated and drink herbal infusion or use honey, ginger, lemon or raspberry. Do not drink tea or coffee.
- Dress warm. You should sweat it off. Keep your hands and feet warm.
- Rinse your throat and nose and make steam inhalations.
- Ventilate the premises.
- Wear a mask and practice proper hygiene.
The Things That Won't Be Working:
● Chinese mails and parcels do not pose a threat as you cannot contract a new coronavirus from letters and parcels.
● So far, there is no evidence that pets like dogs or cats can transmit the new coronavirus.
● Pneumonia vaccines do not protect against a new coronavirus. It requires a special vaccine which is currently being developed by the scientists.
● There is no evidence that garlic, sesame oil, mouthwash or nasal saline spray help fight the virus.
● Antibiotics cannot be used to treat the new coronavirus. Antibiotics can only be used if the virus has caused bacterial infection as they only fight bacterial infections.
● Now, there are no special medicines which would prevent or cure a new coronavirus and the scientists are working on them. Nevertheless, every infected individual should consult a doctor. Medical care can help to relieve the symptoms and prevent the further development of the disease.